Helpful tips to creating the perfect proposal this engagement season
The first of November kicked off proposal season and while proposals should be romantic, there are dos & don’ts to live by when popping the question. Wedding and Proposal Expert Melissa Phillips offers a few tips to those who are planning on getting down on one knee.
The “Dos” to a marriage proposal:
- What’s the Plan, Stan- develop a thought out plan ahead of time complete with a timing scheme, reservations, and a back-up in case some wrenches get thrown in plan A.
- Size matters- Get her ring size before getting the ring! Having a ring that fits from the moment it is slipped on shows even extra thought in your grand plan.
- Precious Moments- Make this once in a lifetime moment, a story worth telling! Incorporate your hobbies, interests, a special place or moment you shared.
- Creativity Counts- Catch her off guard and tuck the ring in a unique package to make the presentation special
- Document it- Make sure it is well documented by a photographer or videographer. These can later be used incorporated into your wedding stationery items (i.e Save the Dates) or your wedding website.
The “Dont’s” to a marriage proposal:
1. Quit Trying- Sometimes when you try too hard, it sets you up for disaster! You know what your limits are and stay within those when choosing your question approach
2. Don’t be someone else- Keep the proposal true to who you and she are. If she is not one for heights, do not take her to the tallest skyscraper in the city to pop the question. If she is not one for attention, a public place with everyone watching is probably not the best situation. Keep her comfort level in mind as you devise your plan.
3. Don’t be the town crier: Tell only those that must know to make it happen. Telling too many people inevitably leads to a leak and may ruin the surprise.
4. Don’t catch her before her coffee- Early morning proposals when she is most likely not looking her best should be avoided. Pictures inevitably follow (or happen at the moment), and she does not want to have her bed head documented on such a memorable occasion.
About Simply Perfect by Melissa:
Simply Perfect by Melissa works for and with their customers to deliver exceptional event coordination solutions. The customer focus helps them to understand and deliver your event vision. They offer exceptional service, value, extensive industry knowledge, and quality vendor relationships to create your Simply Perfect event. Their relationships with clients, colleagues, and partners are based on collaboration, communication and integrity. The services Simply Perfect by Melissa offers is a range from complete wedding planning months prior to your wedding day to sudden problems or challenges that occur the day of your wedding. For more information on Simply Perfect by Melissa visit www.simplyperfectbymelissa.com.